Friday, May 04, 2007

New Plans with a New Me

I must say a big THANK YOU to Brighton Montessori. I learnt a lot from Brighton. I learnt how to manage my students, how to liaise with the parents, how to be an octopus and multitask, how to speak proper english. I also love my students as they let me smile and laugh from the bottom of my heart, amazed me with their talents and amused me with their innocence and speech.

I like my colleagues too as a few of our own lingos are created. In Brighton, we cannot say negative words so we spell them out. Words like BLUR, NAU(stands for Naughty), STUBBORN, SPOILT, SOTONG, LIAN, BENG. Funny Funny words you can think of! And guess what, BLUR, SOTONG and LIAN are always used on me!! Hee Hee! And we called some of our seniors OP! Nope, not because they are very trendy and love to wear ocean pacific shirts! Is that they are Old People! Hee! Bits and pieces of these memory stays in my heart.

My students will not go "Teacher Carole, i want paper!"
"Teacher Carole, i want to do cutting!"
"Teacher Carole, he don't love me!"
"Teacher Carole, i want to go shhh shhh"


I will moved on to a part time job in a learning centre in Bishan. It is also a montessori place and i will continue to teach my montessori way. I will not be working on Sunday and Monday. I will still be learning more about my phonics and i will be taking in phonics for tuition.

And oh yes, i will be taking Art Theraphy Cert starting coming Thursday onwards and it will last for 10 weeks. Till then, i have enough time to think if i'm up to go the art therapist line or further on my degree in early childhood. Lots of changes and planning and so far, everything going well.

And i am being selected to the rainbow camp! My leader just called me and told me that i am being assigned to 2 primary 6 girls who live in Bukit Merah. As my co-leader is out to USA for job post, we, the team mates must do more. I got to think of a group name related to muscial. Any suggestions to help me save my brain cells???? ;)

No comments: