Thursday, July 23, 2009

Not enough money!!!

I am now reaching the end of my diploma in counselling. Going to struggle through one more module with attachment and lots of hours to clock for clinical hours, community project (eg. participating in campaigns, flag days....) and group work. I have started to find information on continuing my degree or all the way till master for counselling. I realised something. My current job can't hold the new fees that i am going to pay!!!! That brings me totally no mood to strive on the job i have now.
I do not want to stress my darling on this issue as he has enough worries of financial issues for our wedding and housing. So i decided that i cannot go on part time for so long. Although i can study with a piece of mind, but it is really not enough!

I am thinking of two alternatives. One, is to find a part time job with good pay, no matter what jobscope also can, for a few months. Second alternative is to keep a lookout for social workers job opportunities while i am doing my attachment. It is time i move on to this line after persuing my studies. I am only afraid the struggling of juggling this new job will crash with my attachment. I am still thinking.

I have came a long way....from IT....to student care...to montessori childcare...which gets me into interest for persuing therapist jobs for the young or helpless...that led me into counselling job....but to start with...i need to be a social worker first. Guess it will take me a LONG time before my career reach my ideal stage BUT this is a career for life that requires your heart and soul and passion.

Taking 3 days MC to recover from my cough is definitely killing all my mood to work..

No comments: